Wanting to build a blazing game system

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazybeans said:
lol, like asking these guys to pick AMD or Intel is going to help you LMAO. Might as well ask AMD which chip is better, bet you'll get AMD as an answer. Ask Intel what chip is better, bet you'll get Intel as an answer. Point is these guys purchased what they purchased and are going to tell you their previous chioce, rather it be AMD or Intel, is better. May as well figure it out on your own. Good luck lol.

I try to give a non-bias opinion with benchmark results and explanations... I wouldn't say AMD is better just because I have two of their processors.

Honestly in the category he has chosen (the XP 2800+, vs intel 2.8) I would go with the intel.

Im sorry i meant athlon XP 3200, with a 400 FSB...

so im still in a state of confusion,

the nvidia 5950 isnt the fastest, which i was told that it would be able to handle pretty much anything?

and now people on here said it was a mild card.

im not worried about memory, have have 1 gig DDR crucial.

this isnt going to be easy,

what do you all recomend????

the 5950ultra is about $385 . . .

for about $410-$440, you can get a 6800GT . . . VERY GOOD CARD, almost as good as the 6800 ultra . . .

Athlon64>P4>AthlonXP

if youre comparing XP and P4, get the P4

if youre comparing 64 and P4, get the 64

ok ive settled it

i am NOT going with nvidia im going with the Radeon 9800 XT 256 ddr

and a pentium prescot 3.2 gghz 800 fsb 1 meg cache

and a asus moboard..

thank you!

amd 64 too much $$

Hey Kangaroo,

Is there a notable difference in the speed of your Raptors compared to a regular 7200RPM setup? I mean in reality, I realize the Raptors have a seek around 5 which is about half the seek of other HDDs out there. Just wondering how large a difference it makes. Thanks in advance.

i noticed that kangaroo has 2 36.7GB raptors in raid0 . . .

but dont you have a backup drive or something? what if one drive fails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom