Want to buy a nvidia 6600GT which brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Baseband Member
Hi all,
I am a newbee to this forum and would like to have your opinions on which brand to buy for a nvidia 6600Gt 128mb pci express graphics card. Please give your suggestions so i can make my decesion. My budget is not more than $240 including shipping and taxes. Thanks

Chaintech
Evga
Leadtek
Msi
BFG
XFX
Asus

any other ?. im motly leaning towards buying the
Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH Extreme
or
Chaintech 6600GT

the chaintech has the potential to overclock good, but i don't know about their quality//warranty

the leadtek runs cool, but don't get the extreme TDH one, since it's just an overclocked version of the 6600gt (just get a 6600gt and overclock it yourself and save money)

i'd go with either the eVGA or the leadtek

im not much of an over clocker. I read a review on toms hardware whic h has shown some over clocking software for this card!!
If what you say is tru How much more can it be over-clocked??

Usually these cards can be overclocked over 10%, to speeds of 550 \ 1100 with no problem.

The eVGA is one of the best overclockers and the most reliable. Expisally since your in india probolly making an RMA a big hassle, you want to make sure the card actually works :)

Absolutely true !! What is the exact model name and number that you suggest i should buy??

100% agreed with kadahaf

chaintech SUCKS, man I will never buy them again, card died, RMA'd it, 7 months later this ones dying, they are just sub-par quality.

eVGA is great quality and so is leadtek, and leadtek has a better stock heatsink I believe.

Hands down go with one of those two

Come on people i need some more answers. Suggest suggest. I live very far and getting something from the US is quite hard so return is next to impossible. Please suggest a card that is robust enough to endure a air/train and then road ride !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom