waht do you guys think of this power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
whatever PSU you buy, give preference to tht one, who has a 92mm or 120MM fan beneath (facing the CPU).

normally 2 fans CPU comes with 1 at back and 1 parallel to it (which is of no use).

who so ever designed this PSU's with 1 fan beneath, was a very efficent designed for effective cooling.

and also, try installing lesser fans in your casing, 1 big and slow fan will be more good than 2 X 80mm fans having their own loudness indicidually.

else you can as well ask other members, see what they say, as i have told what I personelly decided for myself. and as in future as if I have to buy a case for myself. ChenBro will be my first choice everytime.

http://www.timberwolfdigital.com/Product_reviews/Chenbro gamingbomb/reviewpage.htm

here you'll have a chance to see a gaming bomb casing from inside.

the one i am using is same family, so you can buuy one and buy the extra gaming bomb face plate, and there u'll have 2 different casings.

or here to choose from a list of reviews

http://www.chenbro.com.tw/reviews/review.php?cuid=7&pid=65&Submit=Submit

anf finally, if you see this review, you'll see both ChenBro and FPS350W PSU installed

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/chenbro_5.html

and lastly, THIS IS FOR ALL, see the process of how a pc case gets manufactured (this is typical to ChenBro case manufacturers, but at leat you'll have idea how qualitry case are manufactured)

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20031006/index.html

thanks for all the links and info

would not the air coming from the PSU be hot, so the PSU would be blowing more hot air onto the CPU fan

chainbro does look impressive

would you go for the antec sonata, now that it is available in the UK.

the chenbro facilities look good, do all makes have the same facilities?

any idea what a rackmountabel case is?

what do you think of this case
Antec Plus 1080AMG Grey Tower Case with 430w TP PSU (Front access USB & F/Wire, 10 Drive Bays) +UK power lead,
it's got a 430 watt PSU, should last me a bit longer

do you think the sonata and the antec plus can fit a gigabyte 81875 ultra

i read that the antec sonata has the option of adding an extra fan for additional cooling duties
There is also an option to add another 120mm intake fan for additional cooling duties at the front of the case

would this fan be connected to the primary case fan, i mean would the voltages of the two fans be regulated together?

i checked the antec plus 1080, 5 pounds more expensive than antec sonsta, has a 2 fan PSU, and a few fans thrown in
also i was wondering if the PSU antec fit in their cases is teh same which is available stand alone,
i mean they dont sell their cases with an inferior version of a PSU, do they?

is the antec 1080 good for a giabyte 81875 ultra and a pentium 4 processor?

hey why do you give four sticks of 512 MB, why did you not go for 2 sticks of 1 GB?

this air is not pushed downwards, but it actually takes the air from CPU and out from back, the FAN blades puch air inwards the PSU rather than out (the fan facing downwards). so it takes away the CPU's hot air as well to some extent.

PSU's of this type qualify for the AMD based platforms since the era of Athlon Thunderbirds.

I have just seen the Antec 1080 as well, very cool architecture also. as this wasnt available at that time.

only bad thing in Sonata is that it has holes at sides. this prevents a perfect air flow pattern inside the casing.

this 1080 is as well nice not to have any holes on side panels. also, good thing about that is it has 80mm fan at one side (directly above CPU's fan), this will help cooling down your CPU temperature to 3-4 degrees more.

also, Antec's best thing is that they come with inlet filters. and removabale hard drive trays makes it easier for the installation of fans and hard drives.

if youare buying this case (1080) then i'll suggest buying 80mm fans in such a way that they equalize the air flow (inlet = outlet).

as it has 2 = out + 1 PSU's, and 3 = in, so makes exactlly perfect air flow rate, IN = OUT provided that you use same fan speeds all over.

for that, I'll recommend

SilenX fans. you can find them on eBay cheaper, or also from kustompcs

site at:

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Kustom_PCs_Shop_Case_Quiet_Fans_72.html

thse are 11 and 14 dBA fans. but their price is obviously more, because they are quiet fans, and quiet fans are very very expensive.

if you'll spend money on these fans, (ebay UK has cheaper options i think) then on the side panel, install the 14dBA fan, as it has higher air flow rate. so will hit the air directly on the CPU's fan.

and yes it will accomodate any Motherboard.

as far as my Memory query is concerned. I had initially thought to amake it with 1GB , but as well thought of 2GB option. so I bought then in 512's option as if I have to keep myselef with 1GB, then i'll sell out ther other 2. cause they all were ordered from USA. so I couldnt have re-ordered as if I needed the 2GB option. (postage costs more)

thanks again for all the info

when you talk about the holes on the side, you mean the holes drilled to write antec, right?

what is an inlet filter?

thansk for the fan links

what do you think of the 430 watt PSU, is it the same PSU which is available stand alone for over 50 quid

hey, can you mix and match your RAm sticks, do you mean to say, you will sell 2 sticks of 512 megs later on and then buy a 2 gig stick, so you will have 512 megx2 + 2 gigs

Demalii, thanks for appreciation, worth learning, how a case is manufactured.

and rookie1010, hre are ur replies:

1: yes i'm talking about the holes drilled on side (ANTEC) - as these holes prevent eficent air flow, becuase they take a short cut entering the system, and brings in dust as well. where there is no holes on sides, the air enters the system from front, and leaves the back, at the same time cooling the hard drives as well.

2:inlet filter is on front of both Sonata and 1080 where there are front fans, and behind them theer is washable air filter, as when fan sucks air in, you'll notice after a month (if u have clean environment) that it has captured dust. so it is easy to clean and good for system as well, as without it, you'll system gets dusty inside and its more difficult to clean rathe than just washing the filter (can be opened with extrame east without openin the case panels)

3: you're welcome

and yes 430W is same, infact it might be more good, as normally their PSU's that come seperate are others and they put in special PSU's in their cases, like in the case of Sonata, you wont find its PSU out selling seperate. so might be the case as well with 1080 series.

and my RAM,s as told before, I initially thought of 1 GIG (but as to activate Dual Channel, I required 2) later on I changed my mind and wanted 2 GIGS, so I bought 4 sticks, so that in case in future I again change my mind to come back to 1GIG then i'lll simply remove 2. which wont happen, as after this case these rams will end up straight in my next planned system with AMD as they accept unbuffered PC3200's

thanks for all the info

another newbie question
whgat is this dual buffered thing

do you mean to say you will get more performance out of two sticks of 512 MB then out of 1 stick of 1 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom