Wacom Intuos5 wireless problems

cyclingg

Beta member
I have a Wacom Intuos5 tablet with the latest drivers installed. I bought a wireless kit and am having problems with the connection. I tried for a solution at the wacom forums and get no good result; so, am trying here.

When I use the wireless function, the tablet will work for awhile (sometimes 1 hour, sometimes less and sometimes longer) and then there is no response. The lights on the tablet are a solid colour meaning that the tablet is on. The battery is registering as 100% full. When I move the pen over the tablet, the cursor on the monitor does not work. I use my windows mouse to open the wacom properties panel and I get a message stating that windows could not find the tablet drivers. I need to reboot to get the drivers recognized again.

When I use the usb cable with the tablet (no wireless), it works fine; so, the drivers are installed properly. There are only the latest Wacom drivers on my system.

Wacom suggested that there might be something blocking the wireless signal going from the receiver to the tablet. My computer is on my desk top to the left of me and is only about 3 to 5 feet away. I have 2 monitors on my desk, one in front of me and one to the left of me. I don't feel the left monitor is blocking the signal from the back of the computer to my tablet. I have tried the wireless with the receiver plugged into the front of the computer and so the left monitor is not blocking the signal path. With it plugged in the front, the tablet worked for about an hour and then it froze again.

I was also told that anything wireless or cel phones might cause a problem. So, I moved my cell phone out of my room and still cannot stay connected.

I do have a wireless printer under my desk right below the computer. Would this cause an interference with the wacom receiver?

In this day and age, I would think that all scenerios would be tested before a product is put onto the market??? My gosh, I need my printer; I went wireless so I don't have too many cables.

Does anyone know what I can do to make the receiver stay connected?

I will move my printer to the other side of my room and move my cel phone away also; but, what else can I do?

My system is Win7 Pro, 64-bit, Intel Duo Core. I have a network of 3 computers (2 are off (one is connected wirelessly when on). My cel phone is using my wireless network when I am home. My Lexmark printer is connected wirelessly. I did have one of my home entertainment TV speakers beside my computer; but, I moved it away.

Please help! Or did I once again waste my money on this wireless kit?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom