sweet cpu, but my whole computer was a bit over 1k, i'm not gonna waste my whole computer on a cpu. maybe if it was around $300 i'd consider it, although thats still pushing it considering my current cpu was only $150.
Waiting 8 months will give you a price drop of 100 or 200. Great if your not in need of a computer right away. Horibbile if you want it now. But, AMD is rumored to be releasing 2.0 GHZ versions of the x2. Prices should be around the high 300s, low 400s.
i'd definetely look into that... too bad i just built my pc a few months ago and really don't feel like spending another $400-500 on a new mobo/cpu. whenever i upgrade my pc (probably sometime next year) i'll look into that. for now, i'll just sit here drooling.