Vsync

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverxyoung

In Runtime
hi guys. me again, tryin to do the best i can wid my average comp. Well i was playing counter-strike 1.6 and i relized that i was stuck at 60fps. Couldnt go any higher or lower. I read an article bout VSYNC and it has to do with refresh rates. Well i wanted to disable vsynce buht it turns out that i cant find it. Im so stupid. Can anyone guide me to were i can find this "vsync" so i can disable it?. I have a BFG Geforce 5500 OC. 71.84 Forceware driver.

There might be an option in the game to disable it. So make sure it's disabled there. You also have to disable it on your video card. Open up your video card settings or control panel or whatever the heck you use and find the vsync option and disable it, that's all.

You could also try installing the new beta drivers.

lol okay lets break it down to step by step.

Step 1 - Desktop > right clicked properties

my.php

Step 2 - This is under advanced. Let me know if im in the right tab

my.php

Step 3 - If so .. Here is the section of that tab. I checked under all the sections on the left side and could not find a "vsync" located anywere.

try under adapter or monitor, probably under adapter, be advised if it oversteps the vsynch limits of your monitor you will have to reboot in safe mode to fix more than likely

i see.. oh well i cant find it. Buht i have another question. I just dled the beta driver for nvidia and now it seems kinda wack.. like the fact that get lower fps in some areas in counter-strike. Is there anything else i should dl to improve my video card? drivers? software?. thanks u guys for u anser on VSYNC

Have the latest release drivers installed. Betas are prerelease (ie incomplete). You should turn Vsync off with your card, it lowers preformance darmatically (at least on my machine- dropped about 7k in aquamark with it on). If you are willing to sacrifice some quality, try turing down some of the lighting effects in CS, and possibly turn down (but not off, or you wont be able play very well) particles such as gernade blasts, muzzle somke, projectiles, ect.

yeah i want to turn off vsync so bad buht i have no idea where. u guys say under video properties, adapter, moniter propteries. advance display properties... everywere lol buht i cant find anything close to VSYNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom