voodoo 5 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

uchiha

In Runtime
alright, alright...

I still got this card in my other rig, and I love it to death... back when geforce first came on the scene I took the voodoo route. but no ***** and giggles. after leaving it on for 2 days doing some downloading, the system is unresponsive and hanged. after a reboot, it posts about halfway, and everything is gone. reboot after 30 minutes, cpu still gets hot, but no post. im pretty confident the graphics chip is a goner, but i want to make sure. i used to do some video card o/c and it took it without any unstability. but its was running at normal speed at the time of crash. any help would be appreciated!

cpu: athlon TB 1.4ghz
ram: crucial 256mb pc2100
graphics: 4x voodoo 5 5500 64mb

damn i got one of those in my old system sitting some where in the attic....i miss voodoo :(

I don't understand at all, are you asking if the voodoo 5 in another machine has gone bad? You put the voodoo 5 into a different machine and it went bad? Your grandmother ate all the Trix cereal?!

There is no voodoo5 that is 4x. they didnt even have 4x yet, unless i didnt see a 4x version way back in 99. But im pretty sure your voodoo is a goner, please R.I.P. I love those little cards, nobody, NOT NOBODY can pwn a voodoo. 3dfx, personally i think, was the best video card manufactorer ever made.

the old but never forgotten voodoo 5500 agp will never be beat !
im not sure what your asking.??
if your cpu is getting hot then you have a problem somewhere else , first i would try a different vid card though , and if it poops up then you are riht and the voodoo is toast ! or put the voodoo in another working machine and try it there and se what happens , either way you will know what went wrong ok?

i had a vodoo 3 and i loved it. back when it first came out it was the gamming video card all 16mb of ramming power lol with their little heat sinks and blue chip. i loved it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom