Vista question

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
I am tired of running Windows XP, so i am going to try the Microsoft Vista trial that they are giving out (Beta 2).

Before i do that, could somebody tell me if my system will be able to handle vista without setting my house on fire? :eek:

Intel Celeron 330 (2.66 Ghz)
512MB RAM
40GB HD
64MB Intel 865 Graphics Onboard
LG 16X DVDRW

Will i be able to get the "Glass" effect? Or just the normal classic mode?

it'll run it, i doubt the video card will do the glass effect, i think they require 128 megs for that, system should run it fine tho. my laptop runs it fairly acceptably(for wat i have) (performance rating is only 1 but w/e, it ran ok) at 1.2 GHz and 640 megs of ram and 16 meg video.

It says that it'll run the glass effect with my video memory at 1024*768 resolution (its all my monitor can handle, MAX).

Will it run the glass effect, but remain really choppy?

Yea.

It says that mine will run the Basic Vista experience, but not the premium vista experience.

The problem is, i have enough CPU (2.66 Ghz), but not enough RAM or Video.

ur ram is fine

512 is recommended 256 minimum required(believe it or not)

i say give it a try, i'd keep xp anyway as a dualboot cuz i'll tell u right now some stuff wont work.

anyway im goin to bed so someone else will be answering ur questions until tomorrow

Well, i've got it installed, it's running extremely slow...

But i think i'll pick up a cheap video card and 1GB RAM

EDIT:

I feel quite embarrassed. 2 hours to install (XP takes 15 minutes), and 15 minutes to just boot up to the desktop. What a horrible computer, i feel so embarrassed :mad:

im surprised its slow? have you tailored the settings to your needs? i know theres a few things that can be turned off and take alot of memory.

If you get 1 gb ram that should help alot, my celeron runs xp very quick with 1 gb, yet to install vista though

ypu need more RAM and more video ram to run the aero (glass) effect
and your computer will still be slow for vista without glass
before vista get a video card and more ram

the minimum requirments are bare minimum just to get it on your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom