virtual memmory

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramana

Solid State Member
Hai friends,

greetings

I am working with cad (Intellicad) a drawing software.

some times when i open 2MB file for my required modifications, my system is giving an alert message saying, virtual memmory is low and i am unable to open that file and save it.

what exactly this virtual memmory? Is it related to Hardware or s/w, how to change the virtual memmory what is optimum memmory to set.

thanks & regards

Ramana

Virtual memory is free space on you harddrive that the computer uses like RAM. If you want to increase it, go to Control Panel | System | Advanced, click Settings in the “Performance” Section. Then click the "change" setting.
What you SHOULD do tho is upgrade your RAM.

Ramana,
As the previous posters have said, consider increasing your RAM. When an application's computing does not fit in RAM it then uses hard disk space as a slower alternative for storage and it is called virtual RAM. How much RAM do you have ? In XP you click on Control panel, System, Advanced tab, Performance settings, Advanced tab, and finally virtual memory change.

I run Intellicad and using a custom setting of 760 MB (min) to 1540 (max) produces no complaints while running big files in Intellicad. Your system is different so play with these numbers till you get a satisfactory result.

Hai friends,

greetings

I am working with cad (Intellicad) a drawing software.

some times when i open 2MB file for my required modifications, my system is giving an alert message saying, virtual memmory is low and i am unable to open that file and save it.

what exactly this virtual memmory? Is it related to Hardware or s/w, how to change the virtual memmory what is optimum memmory to set.

thanks & regards

Ramana
how much RAM has the computer got?
and how many and what programs are running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom