Videocard choosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landoix

Baseband Member
These vid cards are fairly close, but I wanna ask the pros (you guys ;) ) what the better card is. I'm still super new to this forum, but thought I'd ask anyways. Cards are:

MSI GeForce FX 5900XT 128 MB
or
GeForce FX 5600 256 MB

I've been told the first card (128 MB) but I just want to make sure. That's what I've picked out for now (and I've already said no to ATI, sorry to all you ATI enthusiasts. :) ) I mean the 5900 is the higher model, but it also lower than 256 MB..so ya...

if you were held at gunpoint and forced to choose, you should take the 5900XT.
but i wouldn't take either.
for the current generation of video cards, you should go with ATi.
i would suggest the Radeon 9800 pro 128Mb, if you are in the price range of a GeForce 5900XT.

there's a new series of cards coming out on both sides, and nVidia may come out ahead in performance this time, but unless you're an enthusiast with cash to spare, i don't think you'll be getting one of those any time soon.

Zero Shift said:
if you were held at gunpoint and forced to choose, you should take the 5900XT.
but i wouldn't take either.
for the current generation of video cards, you should go with ATi.
i would suggest the Radeon 9800 pro 128Mb, if you are in the price range of a GeForce 5900XT.

there's a new series of cards coming out on both sides, and nVidia may come out ahead in performance this time, but unless you're an enthusiast with cash to spare, i don't think you'll be getting one of those any time soon.

*agreeable nod*

I used to be a HUGE nVidia fan, but once ATi came back with the 9600, they won me over.

I would say go with a 9800 Pro too!

But if you still want nVidia, go with the 5900.

the 5900 xt is fine but id wait for the new cards to come out and maybe save some money or get better cards for the same price .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom