Video/Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

grip003

Beta member
Hey Everyone:

I've been looking through this forum for a while, but I haven't found anything that has really helped yet. This is what happened... I had an AGP video card (geforce fx 5700 ultra) installed in a machine. Then I took that out and put in a pci video card (geforce fx 5700 LE). Now, anytime my screen is drawing/rendering anything, it slows down my sound or makes it skip. With the AGP card, it never did this, but now I can't even browse the internet while listening to mp3's. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

*wonders why you put in a pci card??*

did you uninstall the previous drivers before you put in the pci?
and maybe the pci can't handle everything that is being created and it's slowing everything down in the machine, makin' your music skip

Hey CntdwnToExtn:

I switched video cards because I am building a gaming machine which requires the more powerful video card. I did not uninstall the NVidia drivers because they were both NVidia cards, so I thought I could just leave them. Is that bad? As for not being able to handle it, I don't see how. All I am doing is browsing and listening to MP3's. I have a pretty powerful machine...500 watt power supply, 768 RAM (although 512 is pc2800 and 256 is pc3200, could be a problem?), 120GB HD, DVD burner, DVD ROM, Sound Blaster Soundcard, etc...

I exchanged an AGP in the AGP slot with a PCI card in the PCI slot. I never tried putting one in the other.

I think you are missing the point. I have two machines, one will be a gaming machine, the other a work machine. The work machine does not require high end graphics at all, so I put the PCI card in there and put the AGP card in the gaming machine. The problem is with the PCI card and my sound. Does anyone have a solution to that problem?

First off, I'd re-install your Forceware drivers (also make sure you update your drivers in device manager). Assuming, that is, your current drivers support your PCI '5700. Your mis-matched DIMM's won't be causing trouble unless they were already (although I doubt they're running in dual channel...)..

Anyway, Try that first, and then Forceware will tell you what your card is running on (PCI, AGP etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom