video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedex

Solid State Member
okay i just formated my computer and all my drivers are updated, bios, mobo, graphics card

whenever i try to watch any videos, the quality is just horrible...and they are terribly "white," i mean its not like the whole screen is white but it looks as if someone put like a see through white paper over the screen or something, this only happens with videos, whehter it be avis or stream

games work fine, i have no idea why this is happening :/

It's nVidia's 77.72. Set the color correction to "advanced mode" for overlay so it's linear. It should be y=x, not a curve.

it was linear but i set it to "advanced mode" no difference, let me try rebooting maybe it need to take effect

You shouldn't have to. For the "apply color changes to" select "Overlay". Then select "Advanced Mode". If it isn't linear, make it a line. If it's a curve, well, do one of those alt + print screen jobs and upload it here.

No problem.

Everyone has been complaining of this color correction bug with the new 77.72.

Was that a fix for it though? Apparently some people were saying that messing around with the color correction wouldn't fix it. If that was a fix, I'll just post a link to this thread next time.

yea, the reason that it didnt work first time around was that i didnt select "overlay" as you said, but yea once you select overlay, it is a curve and then setting it to advanced mode fixes it, it was a fix for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom