Video Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGaret

Beta member
Hey all... kinda new here but I got some problems that just came up (and I'm suspecting it's my vid card)

I've had this computer for almost 2 years, P4 2.26 GHz, 1024 MB DDR ram, Geforce 4 ti4600 Video Card, running on Win XP Professional.

About two days ago I tried to alt tab into a game I had running in the background and my monitor went blank (like I had turned on sleep mode or somesuch) and I couldn't alt tab back out, so I restarted. Upon restarting a bunch of random character were all over my boottime black screen, and they stayed there throughout (it was mostly 0's in columns, with random misplaced characters in the actual sentences). The comp then restarted after Win XP got past the scrolling bar screen.

I rebooted and went into Safe mode and the comp has yellow / blue lines that run up the screen, and they move around as I move the mouse. After about two-3 hours they went away and I was able to restart the comp in normal mode, but they came back again today.

I'm wondering if it's overheating for some reason... I'm not sure why it would (it's never done this and I haven't tweaked anything in the 2 years I've had it)... the lines made me think the refresh rate was messing up or something. I also tried reinstalling the latest drivers from nvidia.com.... no help.

Any help on this would be MUCH appreciated... :\

the 1's and 0's are binary code. get out a windows xp hand book and it will tell you what it means.
try putting in a friends card in your machine to see if its the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom