video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlo_scuderia

Solid State Member
I'm trying fix my aunt's computer which is a HP pavilion XT983. Nothing appears on monitor except the monitor's
self test. Tried 1 other known good monitor but the problem persists. The fans turn on and there are no error codes (beeps). The motherboard has onboard video with no agp slots. I purchased a pci videocard and installed it but the same problem persists.

Is it possible i have to disable the on-board video by moving a jumper? if so where can i find what jumper it is.

If I can't find the jumper I'm probably going to have to buy another mobo. I wanna make sure the problem isn't the cpu or ram. Would i get some beeps if the ram or cpu were bad?

thanks

Carlo

Ill its a HP my Advice Chuck it no room in this world fro dell hp gateway and compaq only room for alienwear ans ABS :-D

Carlo ... u would get beeps if the ram was bad .. but if the mobo or cpu have failed .. then u won't get any error codes or beeps

so you cant even see the post reporter or boot into bios with screen display ?

I can't see post or get into the bios. I dont think there's a jumper to disable the on-board video. I'm probably going to order a new motherboard today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom