Video memory set to No Shared

Status
Not open for further replies.
u will prolly end up with realy crappy gfx performance, cause your onbourd video needs to have access to memory, if none is shared, then the onbourd video will not beable to access any.

disable it only if your not using the onbourd video adapter.

AND_YOU_ARE - correct me if im rong, but your talking about something different...

he's talking about shared memory for onbourd gfx... your talking about agp apature size.

the apature size range i think is dependent on your MB and how much ram u have. i would suspect though that it acta a lot like paging file bur for your video. so as long as u set it high enough, but not too high.

if your're using the S3 ProSavage DDR video card, you would be ending up with a broken memory chip. that is what exactly happened to mine according to the technician.

if your're using the S3 ProSavage DDR video card, you would be ending up with a broken memory chip. that is what exactly happened to mine according to the technician.

no, thats incorrect, u cant damage hardware by disabling something. u can only damage hardware by excessive overclocking.

but why had nothing appeared in my monitor after the BIOS restarted my PC? My monitor is not broken 'cause it works with my other CPU.

normally if u screw up a bios setting, u see the screen b4 windows boots up, so u can change it back.

if u cannot see the screen, u can reset the cmos, witch is usually done by a jumper switch on the mother bourd, just look for the jumper setting at the manufactures website.

if resetting all the options doesnt bring your picture back, and u didnt change anything else, its most likely a hardware issue.

some one correct me if im rong, but there is no way to brake hardware by changing a setting... unless u overclock a peace of hardware out of its limits.

You can share your video card's memory? I know you can share your mobo memory, but why would you if you have a video card? I think I may be misenterpriting some posts or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom