zerobug

Beta member
system specs:
amd k6-333mhz
128mb ram
3.2 gig hdd
ATI Rage 128 Video
windows 98 se

here is the situation that i need some help with.. I got this system to fix for someone. and with the major problems they were having I decided to format the drive and reinstall windows 98 se. I can get everything running fine up to that point. with out any additional drivers except the nic. When i go to install the rage 128 video drivers that is where the problem begins. right after install. I go to reboot and then it hangs just about when it is going to bring up the network logon box.
I have mouse control and that is about it. It just sits there with the hour glass.. and nothing. However I can boot it into safe mode. I have tried several different drivers... so now i am here. at a loss....

I would try to reinstall the pci drivers and then reinstall the video card and try different set of drivers

u sure u using the latest drivers?? if yes....
take out all the cards. one by one put them in and install them.

as of now i do have all the cards out except the video card which i need.... and still cant get that working.

Ok new situation. I can now get the video to work when I. boot into safemode, and change the refresh rate to "adapter default" then reboot. and it starts into windows. now, when i change the resolution to 800 X 600. same situation as before....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom