video driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cableeb

Beta member
I have got an older Dell ~5 yrs old, and just recently it refuses to load my video driver each time I reboot. Sometimes when i restart after booting up, it will load the driver and boot up normally. Most of the time, it just loads a generic 16 color vga driver. I have a NVIDIA G-Force video card. Can anyone help me out with this problem. I do not really have the money to get a new cpu, but need it for school.

Go to the nVidia site and look for the newest driver for your particular card.

If that doesn't work, holler back.

I downloaded the most current driver for my card, which unfortunately was the same as I already had. Installed it, and still nothing. Occationally it will boot up normally. There must be some kind of problem with either the card or my computer. In my ignorance, that's just a blind guess for which I hope the answer is the card.

Yeah, it sounds more like your card. Try using your onboard and see if it does the same thing.

fixed

thanks for all your help. after all this, all it took was a really good dusting....I think. I cleaned it all out, and since then it's worked. not quite sure that that's the reason why it's working now, but either way, thanks for you help.

cableeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom