Video crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthemgman

Beta member
Recently I have been experiencing some problems with my video. I have a geforce 3 by PNY i believe (at work right now so not sure what it is exactly). I have had it for 2 years running fine on my system. here is what happened:

After playing world of warcraft one night, i went to sleep. I left my computer at the login screen of WoW. I woke up in the morning and logged into WoW. The game loaded and about 2 seconds after that my screen went black. My monitor power light was blinking on and off, like it was shut off by the computer. My music was still playing, everything seemed normal except the blank screen. I rebooted and everything was working, but when i logged back into WoW the screen went blank again. I will have perfectly normal video untill I try and play a game like WoW or counter-strike, then blank screen.

If i leave the system off for a while and then try to play, i might get an extra 5 minutes of play before the screen shuts off. This leads me to believe that the card is overheating. I cleaned the dust off of the videocard fan (which is still turning, but i don't know if it is as fast as it was). Maybe the card overheated, and is permanently damaged? I didn't use that video card for about a month and i tried it again last night. I played for about 2 hours just fine, but then today...blank screen again! anyone have any ideas?

I have tried reinstalling drivers, but i am open to any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom