Video cards keep dying because of heat. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
May wanna switch a few of those fans to exhaust rather than allof them intake on the bottom half... The rear and one of 'em on the bottom would benefit.

As far as dust goes, 9 out of 10 inlet fans have filters. GPU fan had no dust on it.

So my choice is GeForce 7000 series or HD 3000? Which one? I hear ATI is crap.

That duct idea is solid, I should give it a try.

you said you had 5 pci cards in what are they for?

From bottom to top/

tuner
sound
IDE
SCSI
firewire

The rig is solid, I plan to keep on using it, possibly past 2012 if we survive. Like I said, because of SCSI it's pretty fast. The only thing I see myself possibly needing is Athlon 64 to run Premiere. For now I'm using vegas. Now to build a new one I'd need about a grand, which I don't have, lol. Plus there is the sadness of loosing this monster, if you know what I mean. Just think about it, I don't need nothing new, so why spend money on brand new tech which in a year will become old and cost twice less?

When they drop support for XP and Windows 7 comes out, I might build a new rig.

Now, why do you guys keep saying I need a new PSU?

lol, i see all kinds of wrong here.

1. system is dusty all over

2. no attempt at wire management

3. system is very old...and not worth upgrading

4. psu sucks

Just because you have SCSI drives doesnt mean the system is fast. Just because of the age and failure of upkeep...a $350 system would run circles around that thing.

we say you need a new psu because the psu is the most critical component in a system, think of it as the heart of the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom