Video Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelminns

Baseband Member
I have a bunch of questions about video cards. I have been slowly picking up on things when it comes to them but i just need a bit of verification. The video memory is obviously not the only factor involved in the performance of a video card. correct? I have found 2 similar video cards priced about the same. One is 128 one is 256. One is DDR one is DDR3. Here they are

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1121824&Sku=P450-8529
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1212072&Sku=P450-6600

Until recently i would have immeditely assumed that the 256 mb one was better. I am guessing that this is not the case. So my questions.
are:

Which of the 2 is superior?
How much better is the superior one than a GeForce fx 5200?

People have been telling me to go with a GeForce 6600 something er other. There are so many variations of them that it makes me feel mentally challenged just thinking about it. lol
thanks

The 2 you have picked out are the 6600GT and the 6600, respectively. For Nvidia cards, they have several cards with the same number (ie:6600). But, they make a few different versions of that card to suit people's budgets and performance needs.

The 6600GT is the better one of those two cards.

Have a look at www.tomshardware.com and look for the "VGA Charts." They will show you how the cards stack up against each other, and against an FX5200.

The 6600 isn't a good card while the 6600 GT is still an excelent card even by today's standards. Don't get the 6600. The GT though is well worth it.

Yes, that video card will be compatible with your motherboard.

If you can afford that 6800GT, then go for it. It's a good card, and you will not be disapointed with its gaming performance.

To decide if its worth the extra money, have a look at benchmarks as I said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom