Is this video card worth buying??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz

Banned
The Geforce FX 5950 Ultra - 256mb
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40161&item=4122562267&rd=1

I was looking on Ebay and I found this AMAZING deal.

My Radeon 9600 XT will be BLOWN away by this card, but I was just wondering if it would be worth paying 200 $ for??

I am going to use this to play high-tech games such as Doom 3, FarCry (runs OK with my 9600 XT, but not good enough!), Half Life 2, and other games.

Hopefully this stuff isnt a scam, because I also noticed even MORE amazing deals, for instance, i found a Radeon 9800 Pro for just 150 $!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to check Ebay more often! =D

The 9800Pro and 5950 are about equal performers. Get the 9800Pro since the image quality in most games is a little better than the 5950. Its also cheaper.

Although FX cards do run better in Doom3, "current" benchmarks have the Radeon running much better in HL2 (though this has a high potential of change by the time the actual games go retail).

It's pretty much a toss up over which game you will play more frequently, but IMO the Radeon 9800 Pro is the better way to go in the long run, especially image quality-wise.

Ok, I found some Radeon 9800 pros for VERY cheap also, I guess I will stick to them....BUT which is better the 9800 Pro, or the 9800 XT?

Thanks for the support guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The xt is better, for it is clocked higher, but you can overclock a 9800 pro to a XT speed if you really wanted to.

Oh, Ok.

If I can't find a good deal on the XT, I will just stick to the Pro.

Looks like im gonna have to do some begging to get this one....but it will definetely crush my 9600 XT =D

the 9800 pro is better than the 9600xt cause somthing about pipelines 9600 has 2 and 9800 has 4 thats almost 2x the preformance...

u might want to wait cus both ati and nvidia are releasing new cards in the next month. if all else u will be able to get a good deal on a 9800pro after the new cards come out.

If you are going to sell that 9600 XT after you buy a new card PM me. I might buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom