!!!!!Video Card Unknown!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok my dad just gave me a supposivly "Nvidia Gefore 4 Mx 440 64mb Agp" made by asus. I didnt know it was made by asus until he took it out which up to that point I thought was made by nvidia. I know its a Mx 440 because the model number "almost" matches the one of asus website. I wanted to know what exactly it is to see how good it is and whether it is as good or better than my nvidia Geforce Fx 5200 256mb pci or my Radeon 9250 256mb pci. These were old cards that i bought when my pc didnt have agp. All I need to know is what exactly my video card is and if its better than the other two. The model # is V8170DDR/D/64M. Please Help!!!!

"AsusTek Computer has steadily built a solid and deserved reputation as a motherboard supplier, but it's also a large maker of nVidia-based graphics cards. Its Asus AGP-V8170DDR, based on the nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 chip set, is a good fit for business users. But while the card has a decent software bundle, it doesn't really pass muster for today's 3-D gaming."

it's a mx440 like you said

do a benchmark (3dmark 03 and 05) www.guru3d.com <--can be found there and all three cards

i'm pretty sure it's not as good sa your PCI cards..but that's just a guess

the only reason ill say its better is casue on his system a p4 2.4 ghz 512mb ram and that card and hes getting like any where from 60 to 120fps about that in a hl2 deathmatch game with 4 people total and im only getting right now like 40 average maybe 60 when nothing going on with the radeon 9250256mb pci 1gb ram 2.8ghz cpu i mean wtf?!??

ok i might get introuble though cause my dad hates it when im on his pc. He tells me if it dies hes gonna kill me cause its my fault. But where could i get bench marks for the 9250 and 5200

Pepsiboy700 said:
the only reason ill say its better is casue on his system a p4 2.4 ghz 512mb ram and that card and hes getting like any where from 60 to 120fps about that in a hl2 deathmatch game with 4 people total and im only getting right now like 40 average maybe 60 when nothing going on with the radeon 9250256mb pci 1gb ram 2.8ghz cpu i mean wtf?!??

Their probolly at different default settings

On low low settings, a 440 runs CSS fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom