Video Card Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vad

Solid State Member
Im currently using an ATI All IN WONDER PRO video card and an 18 inch Viewsync flatscreen monitor.

I am trying to play Neverwinternights and I havent had much trouble with the graphics ( I have them all on highest settings) But recently and now more and more the textures flash in and out rapidly and I cant figure out why. They flash white and seem to come out from behind things when they shouldnt been seen.. The flashing is very fast and gets slower as I set my refresh from 60 to 70 to 75.

Do you have any idea of what could be causing this ? I have the latest catylyst drivers installed for my video card and I even reinstalled directx9 to see if that would help...

ok try this...reformat your hard drive and see what happens...if that doesnt work try getting a different card(your old one preferably) and see if its your card then get a new card if you got a bad card

I wouldn't recommend reformatting your HDD if this is only happening while playing NWN.

You might try lowering your graphics settings down a level or two.

or

I would uninstall my video card and the drivers and reinstall it and the default drivers. Test it to see if it is still doing it. Update drivers. Test it to see if it is still doing it. If not, great!, if so, it's more than likely the drivers.

yeah i would suspect the video card drivers and directx also. were you able to play this game before you updated your display drivers and/or directX9? a reinstall of your operating system might be the only to revert to the old directX version. if you're using winXP that would be version 8.1

if it is only that game, have ou tried d/l a new patch for the game? they have probably fixed that issue

I think the best you can do is reïnstal the whole game, that could be the problem :question:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom