Video Card temperature alarmingly high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I got a GeForce FX5600 Ultra 256mb (my sig says 5700, I havent fixed it yet) and it is pretty hot. 61 Degrees Celsius hot. Is that too much? I think it is, seeing my processor is somewhere around 100 F, although it is water cooled and my card is not. Is that too hot? Should I get an aftermarkey vga cooler? Or would it be best to just hook it up to my water system?

61 at idle, and I'm not a gamer either, so that works to my advantage when worrying about card temps. But still, for me, it's far too high. I like to have my computer as cool as possible, but as long as I know it's not bad for it, I'm not really going to care.

61 is ok for a graphics card but i would suggest you get a watercooling block for it to extend its life time a bit longer.

Beedub you can't really compare your X800 to the FX5600 when it comes to temps. Yours will be that high because it's a powerful card especially compared to the FX 5600

If it's 61C full load you should be aright though but like steve said, getting a waterblock for it definitely couldn't hurt

If I got a waterblock for it, would I need to get a bigger water pump? I'm not sure what size it is, it's the stock one that came with it. I also dont know what size my tubes are on my system, any one know? It's the Thermaltake Aquarius II.u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom