video card & resolution quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nappr

Beta member
hey.. so I've got a Cirrus Logic 5446 video card on a Avitron KDS monitor..and I can't go to any higher resolution than 800x600 without it degrading to 256 colors. is this strictly my video card's deal? no solution?

try upgrading the drivers and try direct x9... not to great with video cards but, i'd try that... i mean i'm running a radeon 7000 and i can go to way higher resolutions...

using DirectX 9.0c
and as far as i can find, i'm using the latest drivers for it (the microsoft 2001 ones) :<

try going to Cirrus Logic 5446 video card and installing there latest drivers

contact me on aim... i may be able to help ... but, flooding this furom ain't gonna..

Can your monitor support high colors at the higher resolution? Maybe the card can see that your monitor cant support higher colors at higher resolutions and decrease's the colors so it can support them...

Nope, not the monitor. I tested it with another comptuer - works with high color 1024 resolution...

my TNT2 drops to 16-bit when I got to 2048x1536
I'd say it might either be the amount of VRAM you have (I have 32MB on mine), or the GPU is simply not fast enough for the higher resolutions with 16-bit or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom