Video Card Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completenoob

Solid State Member
So, what do you think would be the best vid card to get for a $200-300 budget? I have an AMD64 3500+, 1 gig of crucial ddr pc 3200, 250 gig hard drive, msi K8N neo2 Platinum.

I'm gonna be heavy on the games. Mostly Halflife 2. And i'm gonna try my hand at 3d modeling. So, what video card do you suggest for this computer at that budget? I've been hearing that ATI cards are better for HalfLife 2, do you think this is true?

Thanks in advance.

It is true that ATi card perform better on Half-Life 2, but I believe the difference was minimal. With that said, the XFX Agp 6600GT- http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-080&depa=0
will fit right into your budget range and will work very well for you. It's ATi competitor would be the Radeon 9800 Pro which is showing signs of aging technology. So get the 6600GT unless someone is thinking of something I am not.

Just to let you know, ATI has horrible connection with lots of 3D programs like Maya and XSI because they are OpenGL based. I would go for nVidia 6600GT.

Don't get the 128MB 6800, if you are going with a 6800, get the eVGA 6800GT. Otherwise, just get the 6600GT or possibly the X700 Pro.

well i would suggest the BFG GT because I have one, and it comes out standard at 370 Mhz, extra 20 Mhz faster than all other GT's. You would however be looking more like $350-$450 for this card.

BUY Chaintech 6880 GT 128MB and u'll find it's the cheapest top video card u can find.

Believe me, the only CONS for this video card is the box is too BIG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom