Video Card Question- I'm an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
but, nVidia is only the chip set so i've heard, they all are from nVidia i believe. becasue my geforc is a PNY nVidia gefoce vid card

yeah, i think i may go with an nVidia, becasue i think i'm gonna get an xp 3200 400fsb and the nforce 2 mobo so i think i'll go with the nVidia card to match up the mobo.

PizzatheHut06 said:
Ah yes...see, I'm an idiot :) Are the cards made by nVidia and ATI better than when Chaintech, Gigabyte, and others make them?

whao whao whao...nVidia supplies the chipset to the manufacturors, they distribute the product...

Cards made by the designer are usually not as good as the cards made by partner manufacturers, for two reasons:

MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, Chaintech etc build the product using chips/components they buy in bulk, they save money from buying 1 million memory chips clocked at 600MHz and then installing them in cards that require 600MHz and 550MHz, they don't buy memory chips for 500MHz, 550MHz and then 600MHz...
If you look you will see that cards like the Asus ATI Radeon 9600XT is supposed to have a memory speed of 450MHz but because Asus only had memory chips of 500MHz they increase the speed and call it the Asus ATI Radeon 9600XT Platinum or something.

The other reason is, partner manufacturers usually have a lot better cooling and thus allow for better overclockability - they also come with their own utilities and maybe even their own more stable/faster BIOS.

there you have it... this guy is a pure genious, keep up these great posts man, YOU ROCK! oh yeah, how can you tell if it's a partner manufacturing...sorry for the stupid question lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom