Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foyman

In Runtime
Hi guys, just wondering what you all think about this deal on a X800 XT AIW

ATI X800 XT AIW

With the $50 rebate it sounds pretty good, but I hear a lot of you guys talking about the 6800 GT, I'm jst wanting to get your opinion on if I should get this or something else that may be a better buy.

Thanks in advance

Depends... If you want to go SLI in the future, you'll probally want to get the 6800GT. If not, the X800 is good enough

I've heard excelent things about this card: powerful enough to play games, yet fully capable of multimedia things that the All in Wonders are known for.

If you want an All In Wonder, go for it. If not, then don't spend the extra money for it.

Yeah, you will be dissapointed if you get the X800XL, because it lacks Shader Model 3, which is required to take advantage of all the new advanced DX9 features. Without it, you will have to play newer games in DX8.1 mode, which doesn't look bad, its just not as good. Get the 6800 GT, you won't regret it.

P.S. I have an X800 Pro...don't make the same mistake I did.

FadingTheory said:
I've heard excelent things about this card: powerful enough to play games, yet fully capable of multimedia things that the All in Wonders are known for.

If you want an All In Wonder, go for it. If not, then don't spend the extra money for it.

Well actually the main reason I was looking at this card is because of the rebate, in total it would be like $325, and what is weird is that from what I have seen the regular X800 XT is the same price as the AIW link which is around $375, I don't get it. But from the sounds of it you guys make the 6800 GT sound pretty good too.
Does anybody know like stats on which card is better/worse and in what areas?

Thanks again guys for the replies

oh also if I were to get the 6800 GT could someone tell me which manufacturer I should get, like evga or whatever.

Thanks

eVGA or leadtech.

I have an eVGA 6600GT, and it performs wonderfully, never failed or anything, so I'd suggest them as a brand. Leadtech supposedly has better cooling (I can't testify to this).

Could you tell me does this look like a good deal for an EVGA 6800 GT,, LINK 6800 GT

aahhh, still not sure on if I should pick this or the X800 XT AIW, tough decision for me. Also could someone elaborate on this, the X800 has a core clock speed of 500MHz and the 6800 is 350MHz, does this have a big effect on performance.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom