Video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan DeVille

In Runtime
See my specs below. I have a 128mb ATI Radeon 9200SE PCI from my older computer. Would it be better to install it in this one? I'm planning on getting a new video card in a couple of months anyways, probably a 256mb PCIe since the motherboard has a PCIe slot, so I'm just wondering if I should go through the trouble of installing this video card or just wait 'til I get a new one.

Well first, you have to have the software to install the videocard. Or your computer wont identify it. All brand computers have them in your reboot disks. Thus, you would have to independently find the software. That would be a pain. But its not a big deal. You would just uninstall it, then install your new video card.

So its not a bad idea, since its not permanent. Its really up to you.

It's not a pain, as I bought the video card myself, so I have the software. I just wanted to know if it's worth the trouble since I'll be getting a new one in a couple months. I heard the 9200 SE or anything ending in SE is crap. So is it better than my integrated "graphics media accelerator 900"? And worth the trouble?

Your card is probably better and if you're doing anything graphics card intensive, the extra 15 minutes to install it is probably worth it. Intergrated graphics are usually bad. Since you have the drivers and everything, I would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom