video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomW

In Runtime
Hi, I got a old PC given to me, it has what I think is a SiS 3D pro PCI video card. The card has some jumpers on it but I can't find any info on this card as to what the jumpers are for. It looks like it might have a output for TV and a jack that kinda looks like mouse or keyboard jack but is shaped a little different. Any one know anything about this card? I would like to try it in my PC but not till I know what the jumpers do so I don't wreck something by not knowing what I am doing. Or is this card a really old thing not worth the trouble. I can't find much info on the card anywhere about the jumpers or a year it was made. The jumpers are marked JP2 and there are 2 rows of 5 pins, the middle pins of the row are connected to each other now. I have a old joytech apollo 7400 card in it now for comparison. EDIT, Is this a SiS card or is SiS the make of the chips on the card? I can't find any other name or model numbers or anything on it. Tom

Hi, I found a driver for the card and tried it. it works OK but tests pretty low on performance test. I messed up, I have a Aopen PA50 video card in now. My apollo 7400 would freeze up on the 3D test. Tom

lol ya that is a good question quintox...but the thing that looks like a mouse port...my guess would be s-video...lol thats the only thing i would imagine would be a on video card and look like that

My question was what the plugins are for and what the jumpers do. Is this a card for web TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom