Video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

funknuts

Baseband Member
I recently bought a PC game Lord of the rings: battle for middle earth. I installed it and when i start it up it gives me the first load screen and then crashes right back to the desktop with no errors. the game seems to be very picky on the video cards it supports

i meet all the game specs which are:

gefroce2 chip or higher with 32mB video memeory
256MB Ram
1.3GHz Processor

I have:

Geforce4 MX440 64MB video memory
256MB RAM
2.0 GHz processor

I saw on EA that the game does not support geforce2 MX series video cards. i have the geforce4 MX 440 card. would that apply to me?

also if your video card is not supported by a game would it crash like it does for me where you cant even start the game?

thanks any response is appreciated

I saw on EA that the game does not support geforce2 MX series video cards. i have the geforce4 MX 440 card. would that apply to me?

Nope, this does not apply to your card. Its only for 2 MX series.

also if your video card is not supported by a game would it crash like it does for me where you cant even start the game?

I guess, the game wont even start, if your card is not supported.

Yeah,just get the new drivers and install them.

sorry forgot to mention that I did get the new drivers. right from nvidias site.
i also defragged and ran check disk. also closed all background processes. everything EA's help fiel that came with the game said to do it requires directx 9.0b I have 9.0c. The game does start and gets to the very first loading screen after you start a screen then it crashes.

any other ideas lol. thanks though

yea jsut this game. yes it is legit it was just released yesterday. and its not an illegal copy

funknuts,

Okay, There are 2 suggestions i wud like to make , iv run outta ideas

1) Rollback your drivers and see if it works
2) Reinstall the game

thanks i appreciate it. if my still not clear on this. if my video card is not compatible would it crash like that?

It can crash in lots of different ways.
You could check the log files.
Start/settings/control panel>administrative tools (i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom