video card problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default video card problems

Does anyone know of any reason the x700 pro and geforce 6600 gt agp wont work in my emachines t2085. I got a new power supply, a 400w dynex and a 350w antec and neither helped. the x700 worked for a day or two then wouldnt boot the 6600gt wouldnt boot ever. I have tried numerous cards and tried them on other systems and they work fine. thanks

Old 07-13-2005, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Field Engineer
Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

its an emachine. The used motherboard in there cant handle it i bet.

A+, Network + , HP Certified Tech and MCP

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Old 07-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

What do you mean by "not boot"? Will it POST (the stuff you see on screen before the os loads)? If so, then it's a software probelms and I suggest getting some config that works, backing everythign up, and reformatting
If it does not post, then unplug all but the essentials from your computer (keep ram, HD, vid card, ect) and see if it boots them. If it doesn't, Isadly don't know enough to help, other than to say RAM the cards ASAP and try the new ones they send you.

Also, if any of those cards have a seperate power plug on them, it would be a good idea to make that work.

EDIT: was about to say that...
AGP won\'t fit in PCI-E... unless you use a really good hammer. ~Trotter
Old 07-13-2005, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

okay i thought that it might have been a motherboard problem but emachines never mentioned it as being a problem, thats why i came on here.....and no it wont post i have tried turning it on with nothing else attached also and no luck i guess it must be a motherboard problem. thanks
Closed Thread