video card problem (session 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichol

Baseband Member
Video cerd problem
I've try to download the lastest drver. uninstall and install all the driver too. I can go to my desktop easily, but it has problem. The display seems blur or scratch. i've attach the bitmap file of my desktop. See what's going wrong, and please give me a clue. thanks
note...please don's suggest me to format my hdd... :(

It seems like your card might be fried man....that's generally what it looks like once a card has gone bad or overheated or just plain died from outta nowhere....my desktop you couldn't even tell what it was when my last card died...you didn't let the 'Windows Update' do the drivers for your card did you? You need to just go to www.nvidia.com and download their latest drivers to ensure stability because I downloaded so called 'updated' drivers from windows update for my card before and it made my screen look like that. Generally windows updates are bad when it comes to drivers, just use it for security updates... If you did get your drivers from Nvidia, then like I said it seems like the card is dead/dying

Try uninstalling it again use Driver Cleaner 2 as well.
When you reboot dont reinstall it see what the screen looks like in software mode.If the same result its toast.Whats system specs ?

NVidia Geforce2 Mx400 32MB; old stuff!
Pentium III 733Mhz, 192MB system memory,
Win 98SE OS.
AOpen ax3s mainboard.

Dear Nubius,
over heated? fried? hmmm...i remember that when i was playing the game, i forcely shut down my pc. Can this kind of manner have fried my card? I've download the lastest version of my card driver from nvidia.com and result like that (attached pic).
I've smelt my card, and seems nothing smelt to be fried, nothing seems burn, and the cooling fan works fine...if so, can it be fixed?
Oh yeah, i didn't use windows update or windows patch or anything to update my win 98 drivers. I keep them original since i first installed it. Have any clues, nubius? how about cappy said?

dear "AND_YOU_ARE",
the problem of my screen begun when i forcely shut my PC down while in game. I've try install and uninstall my card driver, use the most current driver, but seems like that (attachment pic)...

Dear Cappy,
Driver Cleaner 2? where can i get/download this stuff? Is it freeware? if i have to buy it, i would think twice :)

nichol said:
NVidia Geforce2 Mx400 32MB; old stuff!
Pentium III 733Mhz, 192MB system memory,
Win 98SE OS.
AOpen ax3s mainboard.

Dear Nubius,
over heated? fried? hmmm...i remember that when i was playing the game, i forcely shut down my pc. Can this kind of manner have fried my card?

i think thats what did it! i used to have the same video card with 256mb of ram and a Athlon 1.1ghz and i tried to play halo (i know, i know, but just wanted to see what it was like) and it froze up on my 2 minutes into the game. And to force fully shut down my pc and when i turned it back on it just wouldn't work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom