video card problem ARGH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cane

Solid State Member
This is driving me crazy.
I recently successfully installed a radeon 8500le after nudging the monitor cable a bit (kept pulling it in and out, and after a few minutes of this it worked) but due to my sister's complaints that she wanted to use the connect to TV function, I opened the computer again and pushed the video card up a little because the slot was not big enough. I plugged in the TV out cable thing (whatever it's called) and also the monitor cable. I turned it on and to my dismay it showed the dread orange indicator light. I did the same thing I did when I first installed it, nudging the monitor cable and pulling it in and out, and I did this for 30 whole minutes, and it still didn't work.

I'm guessing this is hardware malfunction. What should I do? :(
Many thanks

Does the video card not screw into the chasis to hold it in place? And the slot wasn't big enough what kinda motherboard do you have?

If it didn't fit then pulling it in and out enough times could have damaged slot and or the card. What kinda video card did if have in there before? (if one)

Ok I just sent it to a computer store to get it fixed, they said it was a programming error of the video card so they had to reprogram it. They showed that it was fine on their flat screen monitor so I brought it home. Plugged it in, and found out now I can't change to 1024x768 (when I do, the monitor goes orange again, but strangely, since I can use the computer to TV cable, the TV shows the resolution fine). So now I'm using 800x600, and I can't quite describe it, but the computer screen is curved like this ) (, can someone help me out? Many thanks.

Oh, sidenote, before I sent it to a computer store, I was running fine in 1024x768.

You can try change the refresh rate or maybe install the latest video/monitor drivers. As far as the monitor being like )( you can mess around with the buttons on the front of the monitor to correct that usally

Open the monitor menu and look for something called "pincusion" and mess around with this a little. It should reshape the corners of the screen to make a square image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom