Video Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifreak3

In Runtime
I was running Windows update today and a driver update for my video card was available, so I downloaded it. I have a Radeon All-In-Wonder 9000 I believe.

Anyhow, my computer didn't like it. I have since tried to re-download all new drivers from ATI's site, and most things are back in order.

However, my screen savers no longer work. When the screen saver would normally turn on , a white box floats around saying "Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices". Also, I can no longer watch TV on my screen (the cable connects directly to the video card) because my "video driver is not working properly" or something to that effect.

Also, whenever I boot, there is "new hardware found" that is located on my video card, but it recognizes it as unknown. I try update the driver, but windows cannot find anything suitable because it doesn't what the hardware is.

Any suggestions??

The only restore point I have is from yesterday, and I updated today, so I guess that would work.

However, what is exactly will be rolled back? I uninstalled a bunch of ATI software and then installed a bunch more after the update trying to fix everything.

I uninstalled/installed everything after the restore point, so it sounds like I should restore it to that point and everything will be like it was before the windows update (which was after the restore, just to be clear). Does that sound right?

"pretty much"....doesn't exactly inspire a lot of certainty/hope.

Anyone care to (honestly) use some more certainty in reassuring me that it will work?

Google, download and follow the Instructions of Driver Cleaner Pro.

Then install the newest Drivers for your specific card From ATI's website.

try gong into the startup menu (where you go to select safe mode) and select last known good configuration and see if that works

So I finally just did a system restore and everything seems to be working except I can't watch TV. When I open my TV program, I get this error:

Language Resource file was not found:
C:\program files\ati multimedia\tv\TVDS???.RSC

I searched around on Google and couldn't find anything too worthwhile.

Any suggestions?

Also, why would a driver update from Windows update render parts of my video card unknown to windows??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom