Video Card Performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toogreen

Baseband Member
Hey I am building a new computer and was needing suggestions on which video card to buy. The one I am planning on getting is the 6600Gt , but I have heard some good things about the 9800pro. The 6600Gt is $195 and the 9800pro $225. I will be playing a wide variety of games out right now from HL2 to Rome : Total War. I was hoping to have my card work through most of the 05' games. So, which one would you guys suggest, also if you know of any other cards that are better in the same price range, please let me know. Late...

i like the 6600gt because i am a nvidia fan, but i think you should save up for the 6800gt like i am doing right now

Well I make $5.58 a hour and have saved up for this computer for about 6 months. I am already shelling out $1200 for the whole thing, so I really don't want to save another $200 for minimal performance enhancement. Anyways don't you think the 6600GT would be good enough to handle most games anyway? One more thing, how much a of performance boost would be had from a 6600Gt to a 6800GT? Thanks in advance.

almost double , i would get the 6600gt over 9800 pro if i couldnt afford the 6800 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom