video card ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
How can I identify a video card that does not have a manufacture name on it? Here is what is on the card.
DS/N CN-O4C864-44571-OB6-2733 IC/O CN
BRD-05-E15-RAV C2
TOPSEARCH T5-M-8VDC 94V-0 4300-02-4527
It has 4 Winbond chips on it and a chip with SST on it.
I need a driver for it and do not know who made it.

if it is installed go to device manager and it usually comes up with at least who the manufacturer is . Will be listed under video adapters.

All it says is Standard PCI Graphics Adaptor VGA
Only have 16 bit color on it. Had to format the hard drive and reinstall an operating system. Went from ME to W98. Have everything but the video driver.
Went to Dell , it is a Dell 4100, and they list several drivers, I have the cd with those drivers but when i try to install any of them, it says they are not for this card. That may be because it now has 98 instead of ME.

is it a ins. 4100 or dim 4100? and you said with 98 right? if it is an inpirson 4100 that was only availble with an ativideo card in it which you can download drivers at dells support site http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Typ...&SvcTag=&SysID=INS_PNT_P3C_4100&DeviceID=1102

if it is the dim. 4100 you may also look on thier site at :) http://support.dell.com/filelib/Dev...S=W98++&OSL=EN&SvcTag=&SysID=DIM_PNT_P3C_4100 if you have a nvida card you could also go to nvida.com and download the nvida drivers for 98 they will work on dell shipped video cards same with ati. most of the dim4100s i have seen shipped with nvidia cards though.
(links may not work becuase the site uses cookies to keep in system info you may have to choose your system type or put in your service tag one or the other)

dells support site is support.dell.com

Hi

I had to reinstall the OS on a Dell Dimensin 4100 and needed the video drivers for an unidentifiable card with a similar S/N numbering scheme and the same board number: BRD-05-E15 The drivers I found that worked are for an nVidia TNT2 M64 4xAGP...which happened to be on the Dell Resource CD.

well, just try installing the nvidia drivers, and if its nvidia, it will work, if not, try the ati drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom