video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauarduz

Beta member
HereÂ’s my pathetic story:

I needed to upgrade from my Ge.force2 64 MB video card, so I found a Gainward Gainward FX Power Pack! Ultra/780 XP 256MB Professionalwith 256 MB, at 150 $us. Good deal I thought for my small budget. I thought what a great deal, these 256 MB will at least help me deal with the slowness of modelling with many objects on the screen.

So I installed it and everything seems to be working very fine, I have a HL 7770 17” monitor and with my old card I could get more than 1024*768 resolution on the screen, specially comfortable to work with 3dsMAX.

BUT NOW, I cannot get more than 1024*768, and it is frustrating, I tried to fool the machine and make it work with a standard monitor, but every time I restart, WIN XP pro, detects the monitor and gets me back to those settings again.

So now I have this supposedly good card but I have such a small resolution I cannot work comfortably. Even with all those fancy utilities like Nview and the one for Gainward I still get the small screen

What can I do?

Thanx in advance

ok, well i only have heard bad things aobut the gainward cards, but that may not be true.

Did you try upgrading the drivers?

Nvidia just released new drivers for the gforce cards a while back. if that is the GPU on the card.

But other then that, hmm, if you get no answers from here, you can always try the tech support from gainward themselves, via their website.

Hope that helps, but i WILL look inotthis tomorrow at school for you.

Ches
:D Have a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom