Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
Okay so I got my new ATI 9600 Pro. I put it in and boot my computer. I install the driver files on the cd that was given to me and after it was finished installing, it prompted to shut down.

I shut down and when I restart it, nothing is displayed on the monitor...

So I put the old VC in and it does the same thing....but after I put the new card in, it starts up. But then I shut down again, and it does the same thing over again. But I got it back to working again but am afraid to shut down again for fear of it happening again.. Someone please help me!

It happens every time I try to restart my computer. But here is what I've figured out:

It will begin to run normal if I

1) Take out the ATI 9600 Pro
2) Put the old VC back in
3) put the monitor cord into the card after it has booted
4) shut down
5) Put in the ATI
6) start it up
7) Plug the monitor in

After this process, it starts up again fine. WTF can be wrong?! There aren't any old driver files from my last VC in the device manager and I've installed the drivers on the disk given to me....

I ran Driver Clean 2.7 but wasn't really knowing what I was really doing....lol How can I be for sure I uninstalled them?

Does anybody know what could possibly be happening? The activity light on my PC acts like it has frozen and the monitor light turns orange, not the usual green when it is on and working right.....help!

I updated the drivers from the ATI site and it still did the same thing when I restarted and whenever I did the switchin out the card thing I explained earlier, it worked right again......

I need some help bad!

Okay so I got my new ATI 9600 Pro. I put it in and boot my computer. I install the driver files on the cd that was given to me and after it was finished installing, it prompted to shut down.

I shut down and when I restart it, nothing is displayed on the monitor...Does anybody know what could possibly be happening? The activity light on my PC acts like it is frozen and the monitor light turns orange, not the usual green when it is on and working right

But here is what I've figured out:

It will begin to run normal if I

1) Take out the ATI 9600 Pro
2) Put the old VC back in
3) put the monitor cord into the card after it has booted
4) shut down
5) Put in the ATI
6) start it up
7) Plug the monitor in

After this process, it starts up again fine. WTF can be wrong?

I ran Driver Clean 2.7 to see if I could delete the old driver files...but wasn't exactly sure what I did, lol.

I hope I haven't screwed myself over : (

Please do not double post.

You're gonna have to be more patient man.

I'm still doing some looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom