Video card and fraps. Monitor question also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

millerhighlife_

In Runtime
As stated in sig, I have a eVGA 6800GT and I am using fraps to measure my fps(newest version). Odd thing is in Doom 3 I almost allways get a reading of 60fps regardless what's on screen ?! Shouldn't I typically get higher fps when alone in a room and lower when 3 Imps come tearing at me ? Yea it may drop to 55 but it generally stays at 60. Rarely will it even hit 61 ?(1200x1000something and 1000x760something, everything else maxed except 4x AA or AF you get the point) Same way with some of my older games, Max Payne 2, RB6 Raven Shield(MAXED), they all stay at 60 and never seem to differ much at all. I know I should be getting killer fps in Raven Shield as that's game graphics are dated. I do get 60-150+ is CSS though and in HL2. LOL everyone saying how HL2=ATI and D3=Nvidia, it's opposite for me. Any other software to measure fps or some general help. This is odd, I should be getting some better fps. Also, another problem I'm gonna throw in the bunch, I get a wave like motion in my monitor when playing Doom3. It's not artifacts but I seems like it could be heat generated correct ? OR could this result from a crappy psu b/c mine sure is crap ! 11.8 on the 12v. Please respond and thanks !

I think its summat to do with v-sync!!! I noticed i was only getting a constant 30fps in halo so i took v-sync off and it wotked!!

I get 11.83V normally from my Thermaltake Purepower 480W, so I don't think thats a problem.

I get 20-30 fps regularly, with some dips into the single digits. Man, you're lucky!

Doom 3 is designed to not go over 60 fps. You have to tweak the Doomconfig.cfg file to change this limit.

Oh is that true ? If so that's great b/c it stays at 60fps, hardly moves at all. If that is true that's great. Would explain why some other games, like those mentioned above, would do this. How would I "tweak the Doomconfig.cfg" file ?

in the Video settings of 90% of games, they have Vsync.. just press NO or disable..

Also if your getting "Lines?" across your monitor screen it could be that you have your speakers or some type of sorce (Even your mobile can cause this, if you notice you will get a type of flickering sound plus the screen will get lines across when receiving in-coming calls) giving off raidation which can lead to colour blur and even one side of the monitor going a whole different colour (Yes - I did this with my TV, the TV in one side, top left, sometimes goes pink when I have speakers near it and losses colour, only sometimes though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom