Video Card Flippin Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
Lately my video card and been doing odd things. When I play games that are full screen, it starts having weird bursts of colors everywhere just flashing around. I have a 9800 pro. I run dual monitors on it. Is it just maybe over worked? Is there a way to check the temp of it? I don't want to blow it up if its being over worked.

PS. Unrelated: My sound is lagging too. It almost skips like a CD player. Its just onboard my mobo. Both of these problems started occuring after I switched cases.

Maybe this new case has poor circulation compared to your last one and it's overheating? Have you tried pulling the case off, using a fan to cool it off as your running it?

The PSU might not be powerful enough? I had a 450 watt generic in my original case. Now I have a 400 watt one in the new case. Everything seems to be running fine except that. How could I test this?

Edit: The card does seem hot. I'm trying with the case open now.

Heyyo,

Now, I bet the ram on your vidcard's dying man. As much as we all could wish that computers have flawless parts, there's no such thing. If you havn't oced it or changed the vga silencer, then you should be able to RMA it for a new 9800 pro, considering it's still under warranty.

no its overheating h is getting "artifacts". Therefor if you arent paying for fixing it maybe your parents are just tell them you need a new card lol. but if you are paying for it i would have to say you need some aftermarket cooling.IDK if the zalman will work on that card but if it does i would get it.

Heyyo,

Lol, timmer, gpu's have a different type of socket alltogether. Most vga silencers have 2 screws you screw into the mobo to hold them in. Using them is a bad idea though timmer. Invalidates the warranty. So only good if you do plan on OC'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom