Video card dillema.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageVibe1976

Solid State Member
Graphic Card Question.

I'm configuring a computer and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the minimum or cheapest video card I will need to run Half Life 2 really well? I know I will have an AMD 3000+ CPU.

well I'm about to give my friend a 9600XT 256mb and he's only gonna have 256mb of PC2700 RAM and a 1ghz Duron so I'll let you know how HL2 runs with that card here in about 3 days :D How much are you lookin to spend? That card I mentioned is $150

i've heard that almost any video card can run half life 2

when i say almost any, i'm talking about like 9600's and over. Half life 2 didn't really need that much horse power to run it but it still looks sweet, even better then doom3 in my opinion.

Get an 9800 xt or pro depending on your budget. Also make sure it's got 256mb and it's 256bit. They will both run hl2 realll nice.

GeckoEcho421 said:
Get an 9800 xt or pro depending on your budget. Also make sure it's got 256mb and it's 256bit. They will both run hl2 realll nice.

Did you read the part where he said lowest possible price?

The ATi Radeon 9800 PRO (128 Mb) has the best performance-to-cost ratio.

Valve Software's main man Gabe Newell has revealed a few details on the kind of machine we're going to need to play Half-Life 2. Fortunately, minimum specifications are reasonably accommodating, requiring a 1.2ghz processor with 256MB of RAM, Windows and a DirectX 7 supporting graphics card, however to enjoy the new game in its glory you'll be wanting something altogether beefier, a 2.4ghz CPU, 512MB of RAM, Windows 2000/XP and a graphics card supporting DirectX 9."

whats a good, cheap graphics card that supports DirectX 9.

the radeon 9600 xts are pretty nice, and I heard they run half life 2 very well. They're about 150 bucks and support direct 9x.

Has the 6600 proved it's reliability? I am caught between it and the Radeon 9800 Pro.
Seems the 6600 beats in benchmarks, but the 9800 is more established as a good card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom