Which video card is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
So I'm going to be purchasing a 6600GT soon, but I don't know which is faster. I'm going to get one of the following cards, which both come overclocked.

BFG 6600GT, 525/1050 MHz

or

Gigabyte 6600GT, 500/1120 MHz

Basically my question is which card will be faster? The BFG card has a higher core speed clock, but the Gigabyte card has a higher memory clock. Which will perform better?

Gigabyte would be faster and you can OC the core too.

It appears that Gigabyte is not using the standard memory

DJ-CHRIS said:
Gigabyte would be faster and you can OC the core too.

It appears that Gigabyte is not using the standard memory

Where did you find that info? I looked on a couple websites and all I can find is that Gigabyte is using DDR3, which is pretty standard if I'm not mistaken. Are you referring to something different?

Using DDR3 does not commit themselves to a particular memory clock speed man. Similarly, DDR memory has many versions with different speeds.

Chankama said:
Using DDR3 does not commit themselves to a particular memory clock speed man. Similarly, DDR memory has many versions with different speeds.

Yes, I realize that there are many different clock speeds. I was replying to DJ-Chris's post which read:

"It appears that Gigabyte is not using the standard memory"

That's why I said that the only info I can find online is that Gigabyte is using DDR3. I don't know what he means by "standard memory". He could be talking about the manufacturer, clock speed, type, and numerous other things. If he was talking about clock speeds, he should have put the word "clock" on the end of that sentence.

It's GDDR3 memory for one and their's different kinds of it

1.6ns on PCI-E cards
2.0ns memory on the 900mhz AGP cards (Im not sure what memory the 1000mhz AGP cards are using, i dont know if it's overclocked 2.0ns or stock 1.6)

And im guessing 1.2ns memory on these cards or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom