Video card, anygood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomW

In Runtime
I got a old TVGA96PCI- 57P video card and driver for 95/98. Is this thing worth putting in a PC? I mean will it work for games and stuff like that or is it just a plain basic card. [no 3D, or such things] Tom W

I am pretty sure that this is a very old card using the Trident tech. and that it only has about 2MBytes of memory. Depends on what games you are playing, but you probably won't get much out of this card. You can get a 32MByte PCI card at tirgerdirect.com for about $30.00. Some good brands on there too.

-Mike

If you plan on playing decade-old games, or it's just for a basic backup PC/server, then go ahead.

Otherwise, even 64 MB PCI cards are fairly cheap and have both the worlds of simplistic 3D gaming and the usual tasking.

I put it in the old Packard Bell for the heck of it to see if it was even any good. It works but when I tried my nascar game it said video card has no 3D so I took it out and went back to the built in video. I got the card out of a junk old PC so I have nothing in it eccept a little time to see if it still worked. Its kinda fun playing with things like that when I am bored, LOL. TomW

i would just buy a really cheap PCI card to replace it, anything is gonna be better than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom