Video card, affordable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccskorn

Baseband Member
I'm building a PC right now, and am trying to decide on a video card. I could care less as to it being an ATI or NVIDIA, but I want something that will be able to handle games like Far Cry, Half-life 2, and Doom 3. I'm wanting to pay under $200 for one also. Could someone provide a link for one that may fit my needs?

Well, your only option is the 9800 Pro;) You could get a 9600XT that will play HL2 and DOOM3, but not at full detail and with a playable FPS;)

The 9800 Pro is right there around $200 and on newegg.com there is a Sapphire for $172;) :D

The 9800Pro has a much better price to performance ratio;) Its alot faster and only about $20 bucks more;) I can play Far Cry at full detail and everything, so I have no doubt it can run HL2 and Doom3 very well;) :)

well.. the 256 9800pro is about 250 dollars i think alittle more. I dunno if hes gonna get a 8x AGP which is 250 or the 4x which is like 180.

Umm monster... i have a radeon 9600 xt 256 and it works fine with my agp 4x main board. It just says it is fully compatible with the new agp 8 x it still supports 4x....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom