video card - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2004, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 39
Default video card

quick question: my parents are buying me a video card for graduation, and i have already decided that it will probably be a 9800pro. My question is regarding the price. I read somewhere that the price may drop around June 21st or so, I was just wondering if this is accurate? Should I order from new egg now, or wait a few weeks?

maddogsdhs is offline  
Old 06-08-2004, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,882
Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

In general the longer you wait, the cheaper things will be. I'm not sure if the 21st is exact, but I know that sometime in June I think the prices will get a noticable drop in price. But hey, if your parents are buying it... =)

Demalii is offline  
Old 06-08-2004, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 319
Send a message via AIM to Wartorment

Dem, why would he want to get a Pro if XT's are going to be the same price a bit later?
Wartorment is offline  
Old 06-09-2004, 04:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 826

yup, if i were u, i also will take 9800Xt cosz the performance is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
didi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.