Video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsusaiga

In Runtime
Can a computer run without a video card, or is it nesisary?
what kind of things wouldnt you be able to run? (cousin's buying a comp, doesnt do any gaming, and wants to save $34)

if he selects no video card on cyberpowerinc.com will it be onboard video?

thanks for your help.

It really depends on the motherboard. A lot of motherboards come with onboard graphics in which case he would not need to buy a graphics card, but some do not have onboard like my last motherboard (ecs k7s5a). Just check the mobo online or post what it is on the message board to see if it has onboard or not.

you can save the 35 bux and buy a video card online. I recommend doing this anyway. In my expierience i ave never had any luck with onboard.

you have to have a graphics card, without it there would be nothing to hook you monitor up to. You want to know if you need an add-on card or can he use onboard. Yes you can use onboard graphic and save some money (make sure it has onboard graphics. I recomend the NForce2 onboard, it's the best) Just selecting no video may not give him onboard, they might just ship it without a video card. The options there cuz some people already have a nice video card they want to put in the comp. Make sure the Mobo in the computer he's buying has onboard video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom