Which video capture device for VHS to digital? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Which video capture device for VHS to digital?

I plan on converting around 200 VHS tapes to digital files and am trying to decide between a USB video interface such as thisor a card such as this.
The machine I will be using is running xp pro, but I have not decided for sure what video capture software to use. I would assume that windows movie maker would work fine for this, but have not done it before.
So if you have any input on which type of capture hardware is better or which software to use it would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much,

Old 03-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Which video capture device for VHS to digital?

If you comeback and view this thread, have a look into this:
NEW DVB-T DIGITAL ATSC HYBIRD USB HDTV TV TUNER STICK - eBay (item 130467694413 end time Apr-19-11 23:23:29 PDT)

I prefer that you use USB tv tuner converters or firewire 1394, both of those will be enough for your reecording needs and more.
The only problem I see is windows 7 sp1 hating the current drivers it has for it right now.
Closed Thread