Video Capture card question - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 10:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

I record stuff and watch it all the time. really good to have a DvD to save stuff.1gb for a hour show adds up quick.The only bad thing.If your watching TV or a recorded show you cant record while doing that. You also cant recod 2 thing's at a time.The picture and sound quality is awsome.You can record stuff like crazy. you can set it for record every show. It record's every time that show comes on. Or set it for new show's and it only record's new stuff.

Old 03-15-2004, 10:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

Yeah it put's all your recorded stuff in a folder and you watch it when ever.1 hour show is about 1gb of hard drive space.

Old 03-15-2004, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

does this recording slow down ur computer?

can u watch tv if u just have the capture card?
Old 03-15-2004, 11:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie

Yes it takes a lot to record show's.processor is gonna be at a 100% least my 1.4 is.

My card came with a program for TV and FM.Running just the program work's my processor maybe 20 or 30%.Yes you can watch TV and not need snapstream just cant record.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

since i have a 2.66 ghz P4 do u think i would be able to record a show while performing other cpu stuff....not games

does it damage ur cpu in the long run i mean does it slow it down even after its done recording?
Old 03-15-2004, 11:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Techie

Is alot of things you can do hard to say but you definatly cant play games and record at the same time.getting e-mail .Chatting on forum's dont take much.

Suposedly if you use this it takes a lot of the load of your processor. Though i havent used one.

http://www.snapstream.com/Community/Articles/decoders/

Im guessing your thinking running your CPu at 100% would mean damage.it isnt gonna damage it. The reason it run's at 100% is for the best picture quality.I should say it run's very high i guess.It varies a bit.If you start playing games and do stuff while recording puts pauses in your show's.

When it isnt recording is on idle or you shut it off.It does nothing ether way.

There forum is here.Most the things be there.
http://discuss2.snapstream.com/vb/fo....php?forumid=3
Old 03-16-2004, 01:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

okk i see....but are there aany advantages of using that over the TV and VCR?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

also does the quality of the recording/watching depend on the video card or what?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Techie

No tapes. Can edit out advertising.Can move recorded stuff around.

Have used it with a 64 and a 128 card. I was happy with the 64 card but the 128 card seem's a little better.Id post on there forum and ask.Someone is bound to have your card.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

for what i have seen, most tv capture/ tuner cards look like crap no matter how good your source is. cable TV looks like crap, recording anything looks like crap. an exception might be the radeon all-in-wonder series.

to capture dvd quality video from an analog source you want a special video card called VIVO. video in, video-out. they can save your source to any format including SVCD, MPEG2, AVI, ect. saphhire makes some good VIVO cards. if would like me to recommend some specific models to you just holler man

Closed Thread