Via Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheComputerPro said:
could it be my ram, i have pc-2700 1024 gb ram
That is a hell of a lot of ram. I think you have too much and that is what is slowing you down. I would take out 1023gb of it and just leave 1gb and you should be good.

I have the same set up with the 9600xt and the Via chipset, and I also get problems, mostly game crashes that end up in total system crashes, but i dont use the catylst drivers, just the stock diamond driver. But I still get some crashes....

dale5605 said:
That is a hell of a lot of ram. I think you have too much and that is what is slowing you down. I would take out 1023gb of it and just leave 1gb and you should be good.

LMAO nice one mate.

lol sorry. I thought you computer experts liked being called geeks lol....i saw geek.com someday before and i thought you people thought geek was cool.

You know, it's really not a very good idea to waste our time by posting an "elaborate" joke, then expect the same people to take your other problems legitimately.

The 9600XT is getting old now, it's a cutoff card in my opinion now, you can't expect good results with a card of its calibre. That is the problem. I'll look around for any information on Via chips conflicting with ATi cards, but I've never heard anything of the like before, and I don't see how a chipset could affect graphics performance that much.

dale5605 said:
Call us geeks and then expect us to help you. Good idea Einstein.

Whats wrong with being a geek? As i see it, we have an advantage over the rest of the world.

I'm afraid to play america's army.. Next then you know i'll be brainwashed and joining the marines.

You're expecting too much out of the radeon card. Nvidia has surpassed ati chipsets in speed as of recent. If you have your settings to max performance (no AA, no VS, etc) and have your card set to render like 300 frames ahead (im not sure if catylst has this option). Other than that, make sure you have enough power to your system. If it still doesnt work, go buy a 6600gt.

EDIT: also, the stereotypical geek isnt at all what a geek truly is. Also, VIA truly does suck.

Next then you know i'll be brainwashed and joining the marines.
No....just the army :) it's americas ARMY.....marines and army men would throw down in a heart beat to prove who's a better soldier. They wouldn't make a game based on being the army to brainwash you into the marines lol

The airforce thinks their hot crap though, they came in when I was in highschool and the lady was bragging about how they don't call it a mess hall or cafeteria but something like 'A Food depository centralized meeting apparatus" or somethign weird like that....yeah like calling the CAFETERIA something different wouldn't sway my opinion lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom